Jo Ritcey-Donohue has been an advisor and counsel for two decades on the most complex of international business risks. She has advised multinational corporations and governments in matters related to good governance, risk management and strategic investment. Her extensive experience with both corporate and government enforcement matters enables clients to have confidence in the face of challenging circumstances. Jo has worked in the private sector, in government and for a multinational organization. She has conducted numerous management seminars, presentations and trainings.
She represents clients with respect to national security agencies, including the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN); U.S. Department of State; U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS); U.S. Department of Homeland Security; and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Jo also regularly advises clients on disclosures to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding global risks.
Before founding JRD Law, Jo was most recently a partner at Kirkland & Ellis LLP, where she led multinational teams in international internal investigations and risk assessments. Her practice group was awarded the distinctions of: Legal 500 US, International Trade Group and Law360 International Trade Group of the Year. Jo also had the distinction of being a senior associate at White & Case LLP.
Jo is married, has two amazing children, and a golden doodle Guinness. She has run the Boston and Marine Corp marathons, cantors at her church, volunteers in her community, including serving on the Development Board for The Washington School for Girls, an all-girls school in Anacostia, one of the most disadvantaged areas of the country, and served as President of the Home School Association at Holy Trinity School, Georgetown.
Admissions & Qualifications
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif; Editorial Board, Law & Policy in International Business Law Journal
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, M.A.
- University of Maryland, B.A., Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, NCAA Division I Scholar-Athlete
- Co-Chair, Small Firm Initiative (SFI), Women's White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA)
- American Bar Association, Co-Chair, Anti-Money Laundering Committee; Steering Committee Member, Economic Sanctions and Export Controls Committee
- DC Bar
- Virginia State Bar